FORM I-9 WEBINAR: ADVANCED TOPICS FOR HR/I-9 PROFESSIONALS
THURSDAY | APRIL 13, 2023 | 2.00 PM EST 11.00 AM PSTPRESENTER: DAVE BASHAM
Acquire an expert’s opinion on topics that many seasoned HR or I-9 professionals may be unaware of. Streamline the process of filling out Form I-9. Join us for an advanced-level discussion on Form I-9 compliance.
The speaker Dave Basham is a retired USCIS Form I-9 & E-Verify Management and Program Analyst. Late in 2022, Dave started up ClarifyI-9, LLC realizing the need to make Form I-9 and E-Verify less confusing for the public. He will be sharing his expertise on many talking points to help companies with achieving Form I-9 compliance.
You can also submit your questions and queries in the registration form.
Besides answering your questions, the speaker will provide information and assistance regarding the following focused talking points:
- Is ‘n/a’ required in blocks not completed?
- Of the three address blocks, which is the only one where a P.O Box is acceptable?
- Which email address (personal or work) should be entered in Section 1 (should the employee elect to provide one)?
- What is the true definition of a ‘Preparer and Translator’ in the certification portion at the bottom of page one?
- What ‘address’ should the preparer and/or translator provide’ if that portion is utilized?
- What documents qualify as List C #7? (There are actually a handful)?
- I’m a new HR director and the current I-9s are a mess……. can I have employees fill out a new one?
- What is the employer’s responsibility to oversee the completion of Form I-9? (to avoid work-related discrimination issues from occurring)
- ‘Who’ can be an authorized representative in completing Form I-9 on behalf of the employer? (handling of completing an I-9 for a remote hire)
- How far in advance of beginning employment can the I-9 be completed, etc.?
Form I-9 violations can translate to huge penalties for employers. Here’s your chance to clarify all your misunderstandings and learn from the best. Register now for April 13th, 2023 at 2:00 pm EST and stay compliant.
About the Presenter:
Dave BashamForm I-9 and E-Verify Speaker ClarifyI-9, LLC
In 2008, Dave joined USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) as a Management and Program Analyst presenting Form I-9 and E-Verify until his retirement in June 2022. In his 14 years with USCIS, Dave conducted over 800 Form I -9 and E-Verify presentations, via webinar and on-site events, to nationwide audiences including elected officials, immigration attorneys, compliance personnel to human resources and payroll professionals.
From 2010-2022, Dave was the USCIS, Verification Division’s point of contact for Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents and auditors in regard to E-Verify. From 2017-2021, Dave was a frequent speaker for ICE’s Auditor Training and the Advanced Worksite Enforcement Training.
Late in 2022, Dave started up ClarifyI-9, LLC realizing the need to make Form I-9 and E-Verify less confusing for the public. Dave’s goal is to share his knowledge and experience of the employment eligibility verification process to ensure companies are in compliance all while expanding on areas, of Form I-9 and E-Verify, where speakers many times neglect to share.