This timely briefing will include training on:
More worksite audits, raids and penalties
- I-9 audits on the rise – what's next, and how should you prepare?
- Franchisor liability – what we learned from the 7-11 allegations
- Increased risk for immigration raids under Trump
- Increased fine matrix takes effect (fine levels are up by 96%)
- Expect immigration compliance site visits, particularly for H-1B, H-2A and H-2B, and L-1 employers.
New rules on document bias and employment visas
- OSC issues new regulations on discrimination in I-9 document requests
- What documents you can request – and when
- Increased investigations and other Trump administration changes
- New changes to employment-based visa rules kick in & more to come
E-Verify: Current and future compliance
- Who must use the online system?
- Is mandatory E-Verify coming? If so, to whom and when?
- Section 3 revalidation addition
- Best practices to stay in compliance
The new 'Smart' I-9 form
- What's new on the form and why you should care
- Top tips to complete, retain and re-verify on this revised form
- How the Smart I-9 interacts with E-Verify
- Effects of the new EB and entrepreneur regulations
- How to use the new I-9 handbook
- Plus, you'll have the opportunity to ask Kevin your specific question about these timely issues.
On April 3, learn all the new developments and how to stay in compliance … and out of court.
Request your freebooklet on Improving your I-9 compliance & Audit Preparation on the EMP Trust website